Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Zen Garden



I finally got the Buddha statue out of the back of the car after 3 weeks. Yikes, he's a heavy one! I situated him where I thought he looked best and then I planted the grasses around him. I'm disappointed in the choice of white stones. It looks a little too "snowy" and pretentious, but I'll scatter some larger smooth black stones on top and hope it takes away from the starkness. You can't really see the bamboo behind him because it's so short still. Hopefully the summer will be kind and cause a growth spurt. The grasses will fill out nicely, I'm sure, and the nasturtiums will bloom behind him as will the yellow lilies. It will be a pretty space that will bring me pleasure. I'll take more pictures as the garden changes, but for now all I have is this humble beginning and the gratitude for the little piece of land to place it on.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

get zapped said...

I think you've done a fine job giving the Buddha a serene place to rest and inspire.

I look forward to seeing how it changes over time.

DeLi said...

i feel the peace!